Let’s support ‘Mums supporting families in need’
Friday 16th October, 2015:
Donna Cartwright, Jodie Harris and their team of dedicated volunteers in ‘Mums Supporting Families in Need’ (MSFIN) make a real difference in the lives of many families across Melbourne and the Mornington Peninsula who are facing challenges.
The group’s Seaford factory, which stores donated goods and ‘help packages’ ready to go out directly to families in need as well as to the many family support services helping parents, is being transformed with new shelving to cater for more items and calls for help.
I marvel at the dedication of these women and their extensive support network. Much larger family support organisations turn to MSFIN which in turn light up their social media network in search of particular items needed by families.
With our children now at school, my wife Kate and I knew MSFIN was the ideal place for us to donate many and often expensive items that families need for the care of younger children.
I encourage all local families with articles in good condition to consider donating to MSFIN.
The following items are in high demand by many families in need:
- Cots – less than 10 years old, and clean mattresses
- Bassinettes and clean mattresses
- Change tables
- Car seats – less than seven years old and accident free
- Prams – single and double (sorry, no strollers at the moment)
- Girls and boys clothing sizes 6-16
- Bassinette, cot and single bed linen
- Nappies, wipes and infant formula
- New toiletries
- New socks and undies for all ages
- Kids/teen backpacks and schoolbags.
To arrange the donation of articles in good condition to MSFIN, please send an email to email@example.com
MSFIN have 20 drop off areas across the region.